Mad Micas "Tall, Dark & Handsome" - 7g
A lush, rich brown with gold metallic undertones.
"Mad Micas scours the earth to bring you what we think is the highest quality, ethically sourced premium mica available anywhere in the known universe."
Blackbird and Violet are beyond excited to range Mad Micas mica powder, an ethically sourced, cruelty free & vegan product in a range of contemporary colours!
Mica has many applications in the world of polymer clay:
- Mix through raw polymer clay to tint, pigment or add shine
- Use as above on Translucent clays for a coloured glass effect
- Dust the top of raw polymer clay to tint or add shine
- Coat the top of raw polymer clay to give a holographic or highly metallic finish
- Glazing or sealing is only needed when a dense application of mica is applied, a light brush detailing will seal to the clay when baked.
- Less is more, start lightly & increase application to your taste.
- We recommend using make up brushes or similar to apply mica powder details or coats (avoid big bristles brush like paint brushes as they may not be delicate enough or leave marks on your work.)
The spoon in the photos is a shiny gunmetal used to depict colour shift. All care is taken to accurately represent colour however they may vary slightly from screen to screen.
The mica is dense & may appear only partially filled - it is jarred by weight not volume. In fact the space in the jars is very useful for brush application!
SDS sheets, ethics & animal testing statements can be found on the Mad Micas website.
Order Processing: We currently dispatch orders within 2 business days*. This is how long it takes us to process, pack & post your order. Postal estimates are on top of this.
Express Post: We highly recommend you select Express post as 3D Printed Cutters & Polymer Clay are heat sensitive products and this will reduce the low chance of damage. We also recommend during an Australian Summer, to avoid Parcel Lockers - Parcel Collect is a great option instead.
*We are based in regional Victoria, Australia. Business days are Monday to Friday (8am-4pm) & exclude Victorian Public Holidays.
*Silicone Moulds, Earring Displays & Acrylic Components are made to order & during busy/high volume periods may add an additional day to your processing time.
Domestic Shipping (Australia)
- Once dispatched, please allow approx 1-4 business days for Express & 4-8 for Parcel Post (info).
- You will be automatically sent a tracking number when your order is fulfilled, this number can be tracked here: Auspost.com.au (we do not have access to additional information).
- We offer Free Parcel Post Shipping for orders $175 & over. You can choose to upgrade to Express Post for $5.
- We offer flat rate, weight-tiered shipping Australia wide, regardless of postcode:
|Parcel Post||Express Post|
|500g to 1kg||$12.90||$16.40|
|1kg to 3kg||$15.90||$19.90|
|3kg to 5kg||$18.90||$26.40|
International Shipping (All countries except Australia)
- All prices are in AUD. We reccomend using google for up to date currency conversions.
- Shipping is calculated at checkout & is based on weight. We can not quote you shipping costs prior to ordering, please fill your cart & then proceed to checkout to see the shipping cost.
- Current postal times are approx 1 to 4 weeks depending on your country (check your country here).
- We are not responsible for duties and/or taxes your country may charge you. All orders are sold on a delivery duty unpaid basis. Some countries have specific import restrictions on certain products & it is the responsibility of you the customer to check your local regulations before placing an order with us.
- UK CUSTOMERS: Due to Brexit, there are major changes to how countries ship to the UK. We can only ship orders above £135 (approx $250AUD) in value. You will also be liable for Duties & VAT upon arrival to the UK which we understand to be above 20%. We'd encourage you to look at a shipping pool with other local customers, to join your shopping list & share the shipping & tax costs. You will need to contact us directly & we will quote you shipping based on weight.
UPON RECEIVING YOUR BLACKBIRD & VIOLET ORDER:When receiving your Blackbird & Violet order, we ask you to take a moment & check off your items against the included invoice.
If there are any discrepancies or problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If contact is not made within a reasonable timeframe, we may not be able to honour all solutions.