B&V Acrylic Connectors - Frames: Standard Arch
Acrylic colours & info
Welcome to our acrylic library. Take note of the info in each section as different acrylics have different quirks & things to note. For general acrylic info & FAQ head to the bottom of the page.
Our Basics are reversible (one side is matte, the other is shiny). When engraved, we engrave the shiny side*. This range is great for mold making blanks as you can choose to make your mold matte or shiny.
2mm Black: This is shiny on both sides. Choose if you want a slimmer mold blank so you can resin dome before mold making.
Our Pastel acrylic colours are reversible (one side is matte, the other is shiny). When engraved, we engrave the shiny side.
Our Naturals acrylic colours are reversible (one side is matte, the other is shiny). When engraved, we engrave the shiny side.
In general the Nature range colours are slightly muted than screens show, beautiful organic colours.
Mirror acrylic has one side that is grey or white, like a real mirror. This is the back & can not be removed. We recommend removing the protective tape from the front as late as possible to avoid fingerprints or dust. Pieces are easily cleaned with a microfibre cloth.
When a piece has engraving, we engrave the mirror backing. This is very effective at showing the detail through your piece but can not be paint filled.
Some glues may show through, we recommend E6000.
Our Single Glitter acrylics are shiny on both sides. Due to the way these acrylics are poured, very occasionally there's some minor contouring on one side, this is the back side.
This range are all Single Colour glitters which means they shine their own colour when the light hits them.
Holo Glitters are shiny on both sides. Due to the way these acrylics are poured, very occasionally there's some minor contouring on one side, this is the back side.
Our Holo Glitters are holographic - this means they shine many colours when the light hits them.
Black & Pink Shimmer are a dense glitter on one side with a matching plain coloured back. Neon Confetti is Pink, Yellow & Baby Blue round glitter in translucent acrylic. Galaxy is Blue, Fuchsia & Silver Glitter packed around black speckles. Cosmic is square, holographic silver glitter pieces on one side, shiny black on the other. White Haze is lightly holographic white glitter is a hazy transparent acrylic.
Sheer Sparkles are shiny on both sides. They are translucent with suspended glitters. They all have 2 different colours of glitter in them, the colour they are + silver (i.e Purple has Purple & Silver glitter). 'Fairy' has iridescent glitter & sparkles holographically.
Our Shards acrylics are shiny on both sides. They all have a back that the glitter sits on, the dark colours have a black backing. We etch on the 'front' translucent element of these as it is more effective against the glitters.
Our Crystals acrylics are shiny on both sides. They are all floating in clear acrylic (the Gold has a golden tint). We etch on the 'front' translucent element of these as it is more effective against the glitters. All flake densities are different, even within the sheets themselves.
Our Chunky Shards acrylics are shiny on both sides. They all have a back that the glitter sits on. They are all approx 4mm thick. We etch on the 'front' translucent element of these as it is more effective against the glitters.
Marbled Pearls are shiny on both sides. They are a delicious swirl of marble & shine. They have a back side with less detail than the front.
Please note: On the lighter colours in this range, grey marks may show up where there are corners/inner curves on the items (i.e the corners of stars/petals, lines of wiggle sticks). This is especially present in the Mother of Pearl, Rose Quartz, Seafoam, Honey & Lavender. Simple shapes are best chosen for those colours.
Neon & Fluoros
Neons & Fluoros are shiny on both sides. The Neons are semi-opaque brights that are not as intense in colour as the Fluoros.
The Fluoros are high brightness translucent hard to capture on camera but very effective in person.
Most of the Frosted Range are matte on both sides. The Lilac, Pale Blue & Soft Mint are Matte one side, shiny the other. We engrave on the frosted side of this range as we presume this is the quality you're choosing.
Frosted are a semi-translucent acrylic that defuses the light beautifully. Frosted is a great choice for earring displays & photography as it does not catch reflections vs Translucent acrylics.
The Sheer Frosts are matte frosted on one side & shiny the other. They are a semi-translucent acrylic that defuses the light beautifully. We engrave on the shiny side of this range*.
The Sheer Frosts have a bright edge, this is most effective on simple shapes such as Earring Displays & Sticks, Circles etc . We find the bright edge lessens on more complex shapes i.e Flowers, Stars etc.
Aqua Note: It is hard to capture on camera however the Aqua has a yellow/green hue to it that makes it almost two-tone.
Green Note: The green has more colour density than the other 5 colours
Translucent acrylics are shiny on both sides & are see through. Translucent engrave very effectively (especially with logos on displays).
Glass is clear tinted green, Ice is clear tinted blue. Black & Charcoal are black variants where the charcoal has blue tones and the black has no saturation.
Iridescent Translucent: VERY popular for dangley bits! The iridescent is applied as a film on the acrylic, be careful when peeling the tape off to not also peel this off.
Aura, Paua & Mermaid are full of depth, colour & sparkle. Aura & Mermaid are like the pearls - grey marks may show up where there are corners/inner curves on the items (i.e the corners of stars/petals, lines of wiggle sticks).
Pearl Shimmer is sparkly, milky white with gold mica - Very luxe. Ivory is cream shot with browns. Tortiseshell is a red brown semi-translucent.
Walnut, Cherry, Red Gum & Tasmanian Oak: These are 3.5mm thick. These are real woods. Peel off protective tape with the wood grain to minimise the natural fibres lifting. You can sand, paint or stain these woods - they open up a world of creation!
Bamboo: Approx 2.5mm thick. Peel protective tape off with the grain to minimise the natural fibres lifting (more lifting occurs with bamboo in general. You can sand back if you choose).
Varnished: This wood is 3-3.5mm thick and varnished with a Satin Cedar finish. We do not recommend engraving this wood.
Wood Print: This is Clear Acrylic with a printed image of wood on the back! Matches with your acrylic or high shine components while still looking organic.
General Info & FAQ
- *We engrave the shiny side by default as the protective paper adheres best to it & will give a clean edge if you choose to paint fill.
- We do our best to colour match our photos but there will be variances from screen to screen. We recommend ordering from desktops where possible as you get a bigger view of the colours & mobile screens tend to oversaturate.
- As we use through an acrylic sheet & begin a new one, colour may vary slightly. You may notice slight variances between orders but this is rare.
- Mirror Acrylic only has protective masking on one side, the other side is the mirror backing (you can't remove it!)
- We recommend E6000 when gluing earring backs onto Acrylic Stud Tops.
- Our Acrylics average 3mm thick. Some can be as thin as 2.5mm & as thick as 4mm. In general they range from 2.7-3.2mm thick.
Sold by longest length.
All acrylics average 3mm thick.
The Jump Ring hole/s are 1.65mm across & approx. 2.5-3mm back from the edge.
This means all our Jump Rings will fit perfectly through without being gappy or tight, we recommend your choice of 8 or 10mm rings.
A good idea to help choose size is to draw your ideal size on paper & then measure it! Scale can be hard but visualing helps.
Measurements are all approximate, Acrylic thicknesses vary up to +/- 0.5mm
Our Acrylic Components & Blanks are sold with the right to use them to make jewellery for yourself or to sell.
You may also use them to make molds for your own use (to then make a final product such as jewellery to sell).
You may not use our Acrylic Components or Blanks to make molds and then sell those molds as that is in conflict with our business & copyright.
Thank you for your understanding of these copyright rules & if you have any further questions or need clarity, don't hesitate to shoot us an email.
Sold in packs of 12 pieces. Our Acrylic Connectors are ideal for Resin Framing*, Earring Connectors, Mold Making Blanks or Dangle components.
Expand the ACRYLIC COLOURS tab above to view our complete range of over 150 colours of acrylic.
- Regardless of component size the frame is always 2mm wide.
- To work out the internal cut out size, minus 4mm from the overall size. i.e a 35mm Circle has a 31mm cut out.
- The pieces come with a protective masking on them, peel this off using tweezers or a Handy Peeler before use.
- We hand draw our Acrylic Components shapes & laser cut them to order here at B&V HQ. Super customisable, high quality cuts & unique to B&V 💕
*We have a tutorial in the works for this new technique Cody created. In the meantime...
- Peel your custom acrylic frames pieces
- Adhere the shiny side of your frame to Resin Tape.
- Fill the internal cut out space with epoxy resin (casting is ideal).
- Allow to cure & peel off the tape - voilà!
- We recommend drilling the pieces at least 1-2mm back from the acrylic in the resin
Order Processing: We currently dispatch orders within 2 business days*. This is how long it takes us to process, pack & post your order. Postal estimates are on top of this.
Express Post: We highly recommend you select Express post as 3D Printed Cutters & Polymer Clay are heat sensitive products and this will reduce the low chance of damage. We also recommend during an Australian Summer, to avoid Parcel Lockers - Parcel Collect is a great option instead.
*We are based in regional Victoria, Australia. Business days are Monday to Friday (8am-4pm) & exclude Victorian Public Holidays.
*Silicone Moulds, Earring Displays & Acrylic Components are made to order & during busy/high volume periods may add an additional day to your processing time.
Domestic Shipping (Australia)
- Once dispatched, please allow approx 1-4 business days for Express & 4-8 for Parcel Post (info).
- You will be automatically sent a tracking number when your order is fulfilled, this number can be tracked here: Auspost.com.au (we do not have access to additional information).
- We offer Free Parcel Post Shipping for orders $175 & over. You can choose to upgrade to Express Post for $5.
- We offer flat rate, weight-tiered shipping Australia wide, regardless of postcode:
|Parcel Post||Express Post|
|500g to 1kg||$12.90||$16.40|
|1kg to 3kg||$15.90||$19.90|
|3kg to 5kg||$18.90||$26.40|
International Shipping (All countries except Australia)
- All prices are in AUD. We reccomend using google for up to date currency conversions.
- Shipping is calculated at checkout & is based on weight. We can not quote you shipping costs prior to ordering, please fill your cart & then proceed to checkout to see the shipping cost.
- Current postal times are approx 1 to 4 weeks depending on your country (check your country here).
- We are not responsible for duties and/or taxes your country may charge you. All orders are sold on a delivery duty unpaid basis. Some countries have specific import restrictions on certain products & it is the responsibility of you the customer to check your local regulations before placing an order with us.
- UK CUSTOMERS: Due to Brexit, there are major changes to how countries ship to the UK. We can only ship orders above £135 (approx $250AUD) in value. You will also be liable for Duties & VAT upon arrival to the UK which we understand to be above 20%. We'd encourage you to look at a shipping pool with other local customers, to join your shopping list & share the shipping & tax costs. You will need to contact us directly & we will quote you shipping based on weight.
UPON RECEIVING YOUR BLACKBIRD & VIOLET ORDER:When receiving your Blackbird & Violet order, we ask you to take a moment & check off your items against the included invoice.
If there are any discrepancies or problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If contact is not made within a reasonable timeframe, we may not be able to honour all solutions.